What are the Benefits of Clearing UGC NET Exam?
There are various possibilities you can get after clearing the UGC NET exam. Applicants who qualify for UGC NET become eligible for Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellowship.
This post is intended for those who are planning for NTA UGC NET but also helpful if you have already cleared it or are trying for Jrf. In both the cases, the benefits of clearing the UGC NET JRF exam is going to be relevant to you.
There are ample of opportunities out there which you can take after clearing NTA UGC NET/JRF exam. Let me dig deeper into it.
- Eligible for fellowship (given you have qualified JRF and take admission in college/university for full time)
- Eligible to apply for Ph.D. (At some places NET/JRF candidates are exempted from the written exam)
- For the first 2 years, the fellowship of Rs. 31000/- + HRA per month (depends on different institutes) and for the next 3 years, the fellowship of Rs 35000/- + HRA per month (depends on different institutes) is provided.
- Get a chance to work in top labs.
- Might get a promotion in your current job.
- Opportunities in PSUs
- Private coaching also hires subject experts and gives very good pay for NET/JRF qualified candidates.
- You may also author a book and publish it.
- People usually do a Ph.D. and create their own setup/join universities and make others do a Ph.D. under them.